Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Anyone has info about theese overgrown A5?

  1. #1
    Junior Hostboard Member quaramon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 29th, 2006
    Posts
    29
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

    Post

    I've seen pictures a couple of time on what appears to be A5 systems, but with bigger bass horns.
    Any have any info on theese? They appear to be old but I can't find them in any of the Altec catalogs, which goes back to 1945.

    http://www.hifiplaza.co.kr/porc_images/1112349335_a5.jpg[/IMG]

    /Q

  2. #2
    Junior Hostboard Member quaramon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 29th, 2006
    Posts
    29
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Anyone has info about theese overgrown A5?


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    My opinion is they are home made not factory.

  4. #4
    Junior Hostboard Member quaramon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 29th, 2006
    Posts
    29
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm pretty sure the aren't homemade because I have pictures of two antother pair where you clearly see the vott logo on the sides. Unfortunately I havent any server to put them, but I can mail if someone can help me with that, or just want to see them.
    /Q

  5. #5
    Inactive Member stpower's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    70
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Quaramon,
    This is the H-110 enclosure used in the A-5 until it was replaced by the 825 A-7/A-5 enclosure in the early 50's. You will see it in the 1945 catalog on page 10.

    stpower

  6. #6
    Junior Hostboard Member quaramon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 29th, 2006
    Posts
    29
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

    Post

    Ok, I found a free hosting (hope it works!)
    Pic1:
    http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/2645/a52sf4.gif
    pic2:
    http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/9271/downstairsfh9.jpg
    They can't be homemade, can they?

  7. #7
    Junior Hostboard Member quaramon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 29th, 2006
    Posts
    29
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks stpower, i missed that!
    ...Model A5 is a smaller size loudspeaker... (from catalog), they had other references then I think.

  8. #8
    Senior Hostboard Member LICORNE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi,

    I think this is what your looking for.

    1945 A-5.

    http://www.voiceofthetheatre.com/ima...att1945.10.jpg

    .........................................

  9. #9
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Anyone has info about theese overgrown A5?


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    Boy you guys must be really old. forums Before my time I'm afraid.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member jnorv's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    220
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I prefer the term "vintage".

    Jim N

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.